I apologize for the lack of updates the past couple of weeks. Work has been bananas lately, and it doesn’t seem to be easing up any time soon. It’s a whole new world being pregnant during busy season, but I think I’m up to the challenge. We have gotten the nursery mostly completed, we are just waiting for the decorative items and the rocker to come in, and then we will be done! It will be nice to have the room ready before the showers, that way we will have a place to put everything.
As part of our 24 week check up (which actually happened during week 25 because of the snow), I had to take the 1 hour glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. The cut off is a glucose level of 135, and I registered at exactly 135, which meant that I had to come back the next week for the 3 hour test. This past Monday, I went in for the 3 hour test. If any 2 of the 4 readings are abnormal, then comes the next step to determine if I have gestational diabetes. Unfortunately, I had 2 abnormal readings. Now, I have to test my blood sugar 4 times and day and record my diet. I will meet with the doctor next week who will review my results and then possibly send me to the high risk doctor and nutritionist to work on a diet plan. Luckily, over the past couple of days, my sugar has been within the normal range, without many changes to my diet, so I feel pretty good that I will be able to manage my blood sugar with diet, which is a huge relief. I will definitely keep you all posted.
Coming up in a couple weeks is another ultrasound of our baby girl, and I couldn’t be more excited to see her again! If I’m not mistaken, after that appointment, I will start going to the Dr. every two weeks, which means that our little one will be here before we know it! In the meantime, I will post the 26 week update.
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. 
No comments:
Post a Comment