Tuesday, January 15, 2013

End of Year Evaluations


In my past life as a career gal, every year we got evaluated on our job performance and based on that, we could get raises or even bonuses.  Now, there are no evaluations because my bosses can’t talk, so it’s hard to know how I’m doing or how I can improve.  I just thought I would take a little time to evaluate the past year and to get down some goals for the future.

Over the past few days, I have been really been observing the kiddos and I’ve decided that I’m at least doing ok for now.  Aubs is proving to be a smart, happy and very loving kid.  She’s always got a hug or a kiss for us, and she is very good with her baby dolls, making sure they are fed and entertained.  She’s even tried nursing and pumping, which I thought was so cute.  Hopefully that means I’m setting a good example for her, even though some days I am far from the “Mother of the Year”.  She loves puzzles and her tea set, and is even starting to use the potty on occasion (with no prodding from me, I had no desire to go down that road for at least another 6 months to a year).

Nick is a happy and mellow little boy, which has been a saving grace as we tackle the rigors of 2U2.  He’s good to chill in his rock and play or swing, and he nurses like a champ.  He’s also been sleeping really well at night, which makes for much better days for all of us.  He lights up around his big sister, as she does with him.  I pray that they will be best friends and playmates, and so far things are going well.


As far as me, I’m working on getting some of this baby weight off and managing my diet a little bit better.  I went to the OB for my follow up glucose test, and it turns out that I am now a pre-diabetic.  My sugars aren’t terrible, but they aren’t in the normal range either.  I’m hoping that with diet and medication, I will be able to reverse what’s going on and hopefully push back diabetes for a little bit longer.  As part of living a healthier lifestyle, I’m working out more regularly, and will be running a 5k in March.  I am also getting the household more organized and we are falling more into a routine around here, which has been working pretty well.  I have also been able to get out of the house a couple days a month to do the book keeping for the Craniofacial Foundation of America, so that has been a nice little diversion and some treasured adult time.

Although there is no monetary reward for being a stay a home mom, there are so many other things that make me very grateful for this opportunity.  To watch my kids grow and change every day is such a blessing.  I may be paid with hugs, kisses and cuddles now, but I wouldn’t trade my new career for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment