Throughout pregnancy, the focus tends to be on the mother and the job that she is doing by nurturing and protecting the baby for 40 weeks. While that is an important job, and mom does go through quite a physical and mental challenge, the daddy of the baby also works hard by being supportive and helping out where he can. My hubs has definitely been very supportive and a great help during the past 20+ weeks, so I just wanted to give him a little kudos by listing the great things he has done the past few months.
1. Going to appointments – even if we have to reschedule three times, he has wanted to be there for every appointment, even the boring Doppler and blood draw ones. Just having him in the room makes me feel so much better, and I’m so appreciative.
2. Being proactive in helping out around the house – during the first trimester, I was useless, sleeping all day on the weekends and being the waking dead during the week. Without Joey, the house and laundry would have been a disaster zone.
3. Listening to my hormone driven pregnancy rants – I think I have only had one or two, but instead of ranting against me or just ignoring me, he just listens and moves on, which I appreciate later when I realize how silly I have been.
4. Just being there for hugs when needed – sometimes preggos just need a hug. If you have been there, you know.
5. Just being “____” with me – the best part has been going on this journey with someone who is just as scared excited, elated and confused as I am. I can mention crazy things that are going on or silly fears that I have and there is always a sympathetic ear to listen and validate my thoughts. I can’t wait until he can feel her kicking so that we can share that experience as well.
To sum it all up, I am so happy that I have such a great partner in life, and I know he’s going to be an awesome, supportive and loving dad to our little girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment