I am not one of those people who has a super cute story as to how I told Joey about the new addition that is about to come into our lives. On the day I took the test, I just had a feeling that something was different. I can’t really explain it, just a feeling of anticipation. I fully expected the test to be negative, so needless to say when the little plus sign showed up, I couldn’t believe what I saw. In a daze, I went outside to where Joey was working in the yard and just handed the test to him. He was like “What is this?” I said “I think we’re having a baby.” It was just a crazy surreal moment. After that, I took a couple more tests and then called the doctor first thing that Monday morning. After the doctor confirmed the pregnancy, we decided to wait until making the news official to family. With all of the things that can go wrong during early pregnancy, we just wanted to make sure that we at least had a good heartbeat before breaking the news to immediate family.
After an appt. at 7 weeks that showed a little bean and a crazy fast heartbeat, we told my mom by putting the sonogram in her birthday card, and told his parents by saying that we were going through some old pictures and ran across a pretty cool one, which was of course the sonogram picture, both sets of parents were pretty surprised and of course completely excited.
The best reaction by far was from my sister in law. We asked if her and my brother in law could meet us for lunch. I casually asked how she would feel with sharing her birthday, which is 2 days after Baby B's due date. She said “Do I have to share with the dog?” (We had just adopted our dog Rigby). I said “No, maybe with a niece or nephew.” She looked at me for a good minute before she realized what was going on. It was great!
At 9 weeks we told family and close friends (it seriously took my grandmother a day to really realize what we had told her), and at 12 weeks after getting the heartbeat on the Doppler at the doctor’s office, we started to tell everyone. It has been a really positive experience, and I’m so glad that we have gotten to share this great news with everyone, and to see that everyone is just as excited and happy as we are.
No comments:
Post a Comment