Saturday, April 16, 2011

3 weeks to go!

Ok, so I'm horrendously late on getting this week's post done.  It's been a blech kind of week.  I have been exhausted some days and running around like crazy on others trying to to get everything done.  I think we are good to go though.  The bag is packed, the base is in the car and we are almost mentally ready.  I only had one doctor appointment this week since my doc was out of town, and it was just an NST.  I was on there for about 20 minutes when the nurse came in and said that I needed some juice because she was not being very reactive.  Neither was I, it was just one of those lazy days for me.  (She actually woke me up when she came in!)  After the juice (capri sun - major throwback), she was good to go and started behaving.  I am back to my 2x a week appointment next week.

As of Monday, I only have 4 days left until I am starting my materinity leave.  Yay!  It will be nice to get some rest and take care of a couple of last minute errands.  However, if you ask my mom and mother in law I'm not going to make it until then.  Since there is a full moon on Monday they are convinced I will be spending next week at the hospital.  I'm not so sure about that one, but I guess you never know. 

For all the people wanting nursery pics, I have uploaded them to facebook, and didn't see the need to copy here since most of my followers are facebook friends.  If you can't get to them somehow, let me know and I will post them on here.  Well that's all I have for this week, here's the 37 week update.

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

For the record, Aubrey is as bald as a bowling ball, just like her mama was :).


No comments:

Post a Comment