Friday, May 6, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait...

So here we are 4 days past my due date and no baby in sight.  Since I was 10 days late and so was Joey, this isn’t really a surprise, but kind of an annoying reality.  We had an appointment yesterday, and Aubrey passed the stress test and ultrasound with flying colors, which prompted the doctor to say that she thought that Aubrey was happy where she was and was not going to join us in the immediate future.  With that being said, we went ahead and set an eviction date at 41.5 weeks.   This was way longer than I expected to be able to go due to my gestational diabetes, which I’m grateful for. 
With overdue babies, at a certain point the risks of keeping the baby in outweigh the benefits, so we’re mentally ready and ok with taking some action if need be.  We’re 100% sure of the conception date thanks to charting, so we feel ok with going ahead and making the eviction decision, even though it might involve some medical interventions that we aren’t exactly crazy about.   
That being said, we are still hoping that she changes her mind and wants to go ahead and meet us before she is forced to.  Maybe setting something in stone will move things along.  In the meantime I will just keep walking and sending some exit vibes her way the best that I can, and hoping that there is at least some additional progress made so that her entry into the world is as little medically controlled as possible.  Regardless, there should be an announcement sometime next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment