So as I write this, I am sitting on an exercise ball after walking and drinking some pregnancy tea. It looks like Aubrey wants to be fashionably late. She did well on her NST Monday, and on Thursday we are going to decide on a final date for induction, which will hopefully not be until next Monday, doctor permitting of course. I am hoping that she comes on her own before we have to resort to any other measures. A lot of my days now consist of having my feet up and avoiding too much strenuous activity.
Well, other than that, there’s not much to report, by this time next week, Aubrey will be here! I just can’t believe time has flown by so fast! Here’s the 40 week update:
It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. Her skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

No comments:
Post a Comment