Thursday, July 14, 2011

2 Months Old! It takes a village…


Aubrey is 2 months old!  The biggest event this week was her 2 month pediatrician visit.  She’s now 10 pounds even and a whopping 23 inches long!  She got her shots, and I have to admit I cried way more than she did.  The doctor said she was perfect, and we got cut loose until our 4 month check-up, which means more shots, but hopefully I won’t be as much of a crying mess as last time.  Afterwards, we got to hang out with Brett and his mom Renee, which was a pleasure as always. 
In regards to development this month, Baby Girl is getting better and better at head control, loves to play with her play mat, and is even rolling to her side on occasion!  The past couple weeks, she has been sleeping longer and longer. 

However, we still aren't exactly crazy about Tummy Time...

We had our usual monthly birthday party this past week by partaking in some brownies and getting to hang out with family.  Also this week, we got to meet up with our instructor from our Bradley classes, as well as our classmates Martha and Ashley, and their baby, Oakley.  It was so great to talk about our birth stories and to play with the babies.  Oakley is so freaking cute!


These past two months have been quite the learning experience, and I have found myself and Aubrey getting into a little groove for our days, and Daddy has become quite the aficionado at bath and bed time at night when he isn’t out of town.  That being said, I have also come to realize the saying “It takes a village to raise a child” is definitely true.  I have no clue what we would do without our families.  Granny, Nana and Papaw have so lovingly given me the opportunity to get back to the gym by watching baby girl and Joey and I even got to have a little date night and left Aubrey with Grandma Helen and Big Daddy Joe.  It’s been great for us to be able to get some time to ourselves and to also give the grandparents and great-grandma a chance to spend some time with their favorite girl. 
My doctor had encouraged me to get out and make sure I did get some alone time and to also let go and realize that while I am the main person in Baby Girl’s life right now, I do need to be able to let go and let other people take care of her and enjoy her as much as I do.  I found myself getting anxious about it at first and worrying that I was a bad mom for not spending every hour of every day with Aubrey, but at the end of the day, I realized that including my family in the raising of my child and letting her be around as many people as possible is beneficial to both her and myself.  So, that being said, I want to shout a huge THANK YOU to our family for being there for us and for loving our sweet girl as much as we do.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome - you are very lucky to have so many willing helpers. There are so many new parents who don't have that type of network. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I've never had family around for my younguns and let me tell you - while they might drive you nuts here and again, they are a HUGE blessing - and YOU mustn't ever forget that YOU and AUBREY are huge blessings for them! It does take a villiage - and you and your villiage are doing a great job! Aubrey is ADORABLE and so perfect! So glad to have you as a friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete