Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Budget, Smudget


Since Joey and I got married, we have enjoyed the perks of a lifestyle of a couple with double income and no kids, which meant going wherever, whenever and not really paying attention to where our money went. Boy how things have changed in the past couple of months.  Since I decided to reduce my hours when I go back to work in November, we have decided to trim a little from the monthly expenses to be able to save more and to for us to be able to go on vacations and to make some additional improvements around the house. 
It really hasn’t been that bad, I must admit.  Yes, there could be more cuts made, but I think we are comfortable with the final product that we have decided on.  I kind of like being on a budget, it actually makes me think about purchases and work hard to find the best deals at various stores and also has encouraged me to even clip a few coupons.  I also got rid of the data plan on my cell phone, which has really helped.
To keep track of our expenses, we have decided to use mint.com.  You can create your own budget and then securely enter your bank information, so that the website can pull in your expenses.  It’s a great tool and really easy to use.  I suggest trying it if you want to get your expenses in line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment