So many new things have happened this month, and it’s so exciting to be able to see all these changes and developments in Baby Girl! She has recently started laughing and vocalizing, and she’s really starting to develop quite the little personality. The sweetest thing in the world is when I wake up to her “talking” to the birds on her mobile in the mornings, and to see her huge smile when I go into her room to pick her up. She has a tiny laugh, so I’m thinking the giggles with start any day now.
On the growth front, she has really started to get some more chubbs on her cheeks and her legs. According to Dr. Wii Fit Plus J, she’s weighing in at 12 lbs. We have been on the 6 months PJ’s about a week now. The 3 month PJ’s were fine width wise, but she’s so long that she was busting out of the feet!
Lately, she has become more accepting to being laid on her tummy and you can tell that she’s going to roll over any time. When she’s on her back, she will roll to her side. She just needs to move her arm a little more and she will go right over. This week, she has also starting grabbing onto toys and putting them in her mouth. She also likes to grab my finger and suck on it for a little bit, so I’m making sure to wash my hands a ton!
With Aubrey’s 3 month birthday also comes celebration of us continuing our breastfeeding relationship. While it’s still hard work sometimes, breastfeeding has overall become easier, I had read somewhere that it becomes easier after 8 weeks, and I have definitely found that to be true. I’m so happy that everything is working out and that Aubrey and I can share in those special moments that only nursing can provide. Aside from the smiles, my favorite part of motherhood so far has been the great feeling of knowing that I have the ability to provide nourishment for my baby with my body, and that I don’t have to depend on anyone or anything else to feed her, although I do pump to let Joey help out and for when I go to the gym and let Granny take care of her. That being said, Joey has been a wonderful support in my breastfeeding efforts, and has gotten me through the couple of times that I have wanted to give up. I am so glad that we have stuck with it, and I definitely plan on continuing breastfeeding for as long as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment