Friday, October 14, 2011

5 Months Old!



Looking back, I realize that I have been rather sparse with my postings.  Between keeping up with the house and dealing with a 5 month old that seemingly never sleeps, I just have not had much time to maintain the blog.  I hope when I get back to work and get into a routine, I will hopefully be able to keep everyone a little more updated on how our little lady is doing, as well as how our family continues to adjust to our new “normal”.  This past weekend, we had Aubrey’s 5 month birthday party.  We had family over for some dinner and of course some cake! 

Uncle Josh brought over 5 daises for Baby Girl. 

She was very excited about the cake she didn’t get to eat.

In regards to development this month, Baby Girl is starting to recognize faces, and will tend to lean in to get Mama and Daddy to hold her if someone else is holding her.  She is very generous now with smiles and laughs, and the dog can always crack her up.  Although she has now rolled in both directions, she really doesn’t do it that much.  I think she just did to see if she could do it, and now she’s good.  She still has trouble at night when Mama and Daddy go out, so we have been usually been staying close to home.

We started her on solids this month, and she has really taken to peas, carrots and apples, as well as oatmeal.  She’s not a fan of sweet potatoes or avocados.  She will eat prunes, but not without making a funny face, so we don’t force those on her often.  We are doing a combination of jar food and homemade purees, which will hopefully save us a little bit of money.

Bathtime is now playtime, and she has really been making efforts to sit up.  She’s really working on being able to sit up by herself.  You would think with all that work to sit up and look around, she would be sleeping more, but she usually just takes small naps during the day.  She went on a bit of a sleep strike this month, and still has her bad nights.  On those nights she usually ends up in bed with us, that way, everyone gets some sleep.

It’s so hard to believe that next month with be six months for my Baby Girl!  Her half birthday and my birthday fall on the same day, so we will definitely be having a big celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment