Monday, October 24, 2011

Recipe Share - Pizza, Pizza!


As I was making dinner tonight, it struck me that I should share the recipe with all of you, as well as a variation that I have found works with even the most picky of our friends.  You can be all fancy and make your own crusts, but I usually buy the Pillsbury thin crust, especially when I have a coupon for it.  For the cooked chicken, we usually grill ours, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic, or you could go the easiest route and buy a roasted chicken from the grocery store.     Here they are!

BBQ Chicken Pizza:

1 pizza crust
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 pieces of cooked chicken, cut into pieces
1/2 pound of bacon, chopped -  see below for how I cook mine
1/3 cup red onion, sliced thin

Prebake crust for 5 minutes according to package directions or crust recipe.  After baking, brush crust with BBQ sauce.  Top with cheese.  Add chicken, bacon and red onion.  Continue baking according to package or recipe directions.  Mine looked like this:



Pesto Chicken Pizza

1 pizza crust
1/2 jar of pesto sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 pieces of cooked chicken, cut into pieces

Prebake crust for 5 minutes according to package directions or crust recipe.  After baking, brush crust with pesto sauce.  Top with cheese.  Add chicken.  Continue baking according to package or recipe directions.

Cooking Bacon – I used to fry bacon, which lead to a huge mess and left a smell in the house all day.  I ended up finding this method, and I haven’t fried bacon since!  Just take a cookie sheet and cover with foil, place bacon on foil and place into a cold oven.  Turn oven to 400 and bake 15 minutes or until bacon reaches desired crispiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment