Saturday, November 26, 2011

Six Months Old!


I’m a little late in my posting, as you can see.  Going back to work has really cut into my blogging time, but more on that later.   Aubrey turned 6 months old a couple of weeks ago, on my 28th birthday to be exact, so we decided to have the whole family over for a little party.  Aubrey got some new outfits and got to model the bunny slippers that Daddy got her when he was out of town. 



In a flurry of last week, I only managed to get one good picture of Aubrey in her 6 month onesie, so here is that…

As far as development goes, Aubrey is doing great.  She is able to get down and get into crawling position, but the more she tries to move forward, the more she scoots back, so we often have to rescue her from corners when she backs herself in a little too far.  She has also started saying bye and da, which is cute.  She also really enjoys bath time now and is even sitting up in her big girl tub!

When she had her six month doctor visit, she weighed in at 13 pounds, 13 ounces (10th percentile) and is now 26 ¼ inches tall (75th percentile).  She seems to be growing up ok, but not as much out as she used to be.  We have now added breakfast, and she seems lately to want to be eating all the time, so I’m thinking she’s going to start catching up here soon.  The doctor asked if she had been pulling up, and as soon as I said no and the doctor left the room, the little stinker started pulling up!  She was a champ with her shots, which was good, and I did ok as well. 

This month also marks my original goal of 6 months of breastfeeding!  Yay!  It has been a very rewarding six months, and since it’s going so well, I’m going to extend my goal to a year.  Pumping at work has not been as bad as expected, so we are going to just keep going as long as possible.  The biggest help in reaching this goal was the support of Joey and our families, and I am so grateful that they are there for me and understand how important breastfeeding has become to me and Aubrey. 

Hopefully, I will have time over the next couple of days to get in a couple of more entries, as so much has been going on!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment