Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The more things change…


While there have been many things that are the same about this pregnancy, such as morning sickness, fatigue and the inevitable weight gain, there have also been quite a few changes this time around.  For one, while there has been morning sickness, it only lasted about 16 weeks instead of the 20 weeks that I endured last time.  The fatigue seems to be more prominent this time, although, I’m not sure if that’s the baby or the fact that I have a rambunctious one year old this time around. 

I do seem to be carrying lower this time, and the round ligament pain is much more prominent.  I am going to look into prenatal yoga and maybe some other exercises to ease the discomfort.   Gestational diabetes has also come back with the new baby.  I had to test about 4 weeks earlier than before, and I unfortunately will have to monitor my glucose levels again.  I should be able to remain diet controlled like I was last time, so other than trying to remember to check my sugar when I am supposed to, I don’t think the diagnosis will bring many changes.

I’m not really sure that any of the changes have to do with boy versus girl, but overall, I am pleased with how this pregnancy is going.  I’m so glad to have my energy back and I’m looking forward to a smooth second half to this pregnancy.

I’m not much for belly shots, but here is how things are looking at 21 weeks J.


No comments:

Post a Comment