Friday, June 22, 2012

One Year Old!




Here we are, over a month since Aubrey’s first birthday, and I am just now getting to post about it on the old blog, that being said, I’m going to go ahead and sneak in what has been going on during month thirteen as well.  As you will see in upcoming entries, it has been a little bit busier around here than I expected.    At any rate, it has been a great past couple of months, and it seems like Aubrey has been doing something new every day.  I look forward to waking up every morning to see if there is something new that she has learned to do, and she usually comes through, or at least finds a way to make us smile.

While Aubs is very energetic, she is also incredibly loving and sweet; I have lately been calling her my sour patch kid.  She’s into something she shouldn’t be one minute, and then giving you a big hug and a kiss the next.  She has really gotten into her books and always wants me to read them to her, or at least flip through the pictures.  As an avid reader, this makes me incredibly happy, and I hope I can pass my love of reading to her.  I can’t wait to be able to catch her under the covers with a flashlight, finishing that last chapter as I often did when I was younger.

Other big developments these past couple of months have been several steps (our record is eight).  She still prefers to crawl, but I have a feeling that will change here in the next couple of weeks.  We of course went and got her some big girl shoes, and she loves them.  She has also started talking a lot more, while it is still gibberish to us, usually starting her sentence with “Aubee”, and she will repeat the same thing over and over, until we say “yes” or “really?”.  I just can’t wait until the day that we actually know what she’s saying.  I’m sure then that we will never hear the end of it after that.



We also had our one year appointment last month, and the doc says that Aubs is right on track on doing great.  She weighed in at 18 pounds (5th percentile) and measures 28.75 inches (50th percentile), while she’s still out little peanut, she makes up for it in sheer energy.  I don’t know how she stays so slim considering she could probably eat most 3 year olds under the table.  She hasn’t met a food she didn’t like, although her current favorite is any type of fruit.



She also had her birthday party last month, she really showed her cake who was boss and she loved her presents.




I can’t believe that I’m here with a one year old and that time has flown by so quickly.  Aubrey is such a joy, and although there are the days where I wish she would slow down just a little, I’m not sure that I would really want change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment