I can't believe that I'm 30 weeks this week! This pregnancy has just flown by, and I'm not sure whether to be excited or scared to death! We have only a couple more finishing touches on the nursery, and it will be all ready for Baby Girl. I'm so lucky to be having baby showers both this week and next week, and I couldn't be more excited to be seeing some family and friends. There are even some friends and family coming in from out of town, which makes it even more special. It's been a long week without Joey here at the house, his college friends took him to Disney for a "you never got a bachelor party, it's your birthday, you're gonna be a daddy" weekend. Plus he's been working out of town for a few days, so I'm definitely ready to have him back home for a few days.
This weekend, I got to meet a great couple and their little girl. Turns out they used the Bradley method and also dealt with gestational diabetes. It was so great to be able to talk to someone who has recently gone through what I'm about to go through. I came away from dinner feeling very positive and optimistic that even being labeled "high risk" won't get in the way of working toward having the birth that we have been wanting. I understand that there are still all kinds of situations that can happen that would lead us in a direction other than we are planning for, but I feel so much better knowing that having diabetes isn't one of those things. On that note, everything on the diabetes front is going pretty well. The are mostly good days and a couple bad days, but overall it really hasn't been that bad.
We went to the Dr. on Monday for the bi-weekly check up, and the Dr. informed me that I will now be going to her once a week. The weekly appointments have come a little earlier than I expected, but it's what we have to do in order to make sure that she's growing on target and still healthy and strong.
Speaking of growth, here's the 30 week update:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

No comments:
Post a Comment