I officially hit 28 weeks today, which is the beginning of the 3rd Trimester. I have to admit, it has hit me like a ton of bricks. The stretch marks are on full force and I’m starting to get tired again like in the first trimester. Also, I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks, so things are really starting to become real. She will be here before we know it!
We went to the doctor today and baby girl had a great check up. She’s weighing in at 2lbs 11 oz, and her heart rate was averaging at about 135. She actually cooperated with the heart monitor this time. The Dr. took some measurements during the ultrasound and said everything was right on target. She is measuring a little over average at the moment, but the doctor said she was still in the normal range. I actually got into a little trouble for losing a pound over the last 2 weeks, so I have to work on gaining this week. It’s hard to gain when you are avoiding carbs J, but I will do the best I can. I also got the Rhogam shot, which was not cool at all, it goes in your rear and really burns. I’m definitely glad that part is over.
We also had a little talk about when baby girl decides to make her arrival. As you all know, we are using the Bradley Method, which encourages drug free labor with minimal medical interventions. I became a little concerned with the new “high risk” diagnosis due to the gestational diabetes, and how that was going to affect our plans for baby’s birth. The doctor said there was no reason that we couldn’t wait at least until her due date to make any decisions regarding speeding things along with an induction. Of course, after 40 weeks, due to baby’s safety, we might have to look into alternatives. That made me feel a little better about possibly not being able to experience what we wanted, although I understand that we just have to go with the flow and make sure everyone is safe in the process.
Here’s the 28 week update:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

No comments:
Post a Comment