Today marks 33 weeks, which means 7 more to go. I just can't believe it. She did good on the NST today, she didn't start kicking it off til right at the very end. We have another ultrasound on Thursday, and mom's coming with me since Joey's going to be out of town. This is the last week of his travelling like a crazy person for a little while, and I couldn't be more relieved.
This weekend was definitely a lazy one, I have just not had any energy! Daylight savings time really kicked me around, therefore, I will be going to bed as soon as I can test my sugar. Next weekend will be a lot more active since I have one last shower on Sunday. I know the girls at work will not disappoint. The invites were super cute, so I know that the shower will be cute as well. I'm glad to be sharing the day with Sharon, who is due about six week after me with Miss Evelyn Grayce. It's so much fun to be sharing this experience with such cool people.
Well that's all I have this week, here's the 33 week update!
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

No comments:
Post a Comment