Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Feeling McHuge - 6 weeks to go!

So I have made it to 34 weeks this week and for some reason the transition from 7 weeks to 6 weeks seems way more real than the other ones.  I have a feeling it’s going to totally bizarre when I get to 4 weeks.  The time has flown by, but gone incredibly slow at the same time.  There is literally one more item to be completed in the nursery and then I promise that I will post some pics.  Sorry for the delay! Luckily life has slowed down for me at least anyway, so now we can finish up all the little items that are need to be completed before Aubrey gets here.  Our appointments went really well this week as usual, so nothing new to report there.  In our Bradley class, we went around to different stations to simulate different labor techniques.  It was very eye opening (and exhausting!), and it made me feel a lot more comfortable about the birthing process.  I know nothing can prepare you for the actual event, but I feel like we will be a prepared as possible, and that makes me feel a lot better about the labor process.   Also in class this week, we got to meet Paisley Esther, who decided to make her entrance 3 weeks early to our classmates Emily and Philip.  It was great to hear her birth story and to see that a natural birth can be done and be a great experience.

Mom and I went to a consignment sale this past weekend, and I got quite a few good outfits.  The sale is called “Just Between Friends”, and they have a ton of great looking clothes at great prices.  We got some super cute summer outfits.  Unfortunately, we couldn’t find a jogging stroller, which is the one item that I am still wanting.  Luckily, we can just take our time on that one since we won’t need it for a few months.  Speaking of jogging
, I have decided on a fitness goal for after Aubrey gets here.  As some of you know, I had actually picked up a slight running habit before I got pregnant, and it’s something that I would like to continue once I have Aubrey.  Joey is also quite the athlete, so it would be nice to have something that we can continue to do as as a family.  That being said, I have decided to make it a goal to complete the FCA 5k in September.  I know I might not be able to run the entire thing, but I think a goal of completing it would be a good way to get back into shape and also get back into a running routine.  I will definitely keep you all posted this summer with my progress, hopefully blogging about it will also give me some additional motivation.  

My last order of business this week is to tell you about the 3rd and final baby shower that I attended on Sunday.  It was hosted by some fabulous girls at work and it was so great!  It was great to see some co-workers outside of work and I was absolutely floored by the generosity of the people in my office!  We received the last of the large items we needed as well as some super cute outfits.  


Here’s the 34 week update:

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (
like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment