Sunday, June 19, 2011

5 Weeks and Being Amazing

Aubrey was 5 weeks old Tuesday, and I swear that she is just getting way too big.  I am trying to savor every moment that I have with her and wishing that she would just stay this size forever.  We are starting to work on tummy and play time a little more this week, although, she’s not really enjoying the tummy time too much at the moment.
We had her one month birthday party on Saturday, which was really just an excuse for us adults to eat some cupcakes, we got some cute pictures though, and we plan on doing this every month until she turns one.  We all need some more cupcakes, right? 


On Sunday, we had her baptism during our regular Mass at church, which was great, because we got to share it with our amazing church family.  It was rather surreal because back before I was pregnant, I had purchased a Mass intention for my late grandfather for that Mass, and my mother in law had purchased the altar flowers for that service for Joey’s late grandmother.  It was really cool to still have them involved even though they are no longer with us.  After Mass, we had a great reception at the church, and then a party at Joe and Helen’s house.  It was a great day with family and friends, and we got some great pictures of Aubrey with her godparents, Aunt Diana and Uncle Thommy.


The mother’s group met again today, and once again we had a great time.  There were some great topics in our devotional books and I personally feel that it’s been great to have a little time each day to work on my relationship with God and also reflect on how to make my family life better.
Next week, I have my six week check-up at the doctor and hopefully I will be cleared to really start working out again.  I have been going on walks some mornings, but it’s going to be nice to start weight training and also easing into training for the 5k that I am planning on doing in September.  I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment