Friday, June 24, 2011

6 Weeks - Happy Father's Day!

As you can maybe tell by my late post this week, we have been crazy busy this week, and I’m so glad that we have made it to the weekend.  We have been out to do errands, go to events, or have been out at the grandparents every day this week.  Luckily, next week is looking a little more relaxed and hopefully I will be able to get some things done around the house next week.  I just can’t believe how fast the days go by with a newborn.  I guess it’s like that because you kind of lose the differentiation between day and night.  I’m thinking it will start to get more clear when we are consistently sleeping a little longer through the night.  Not that I’m rushing it, those night time feedings can be sweet moments, and I’m trying to treasure everything.  She has started smiling a lot more this week and loves to interact.  She’s also focusing on objects more and will respond to noises.

Last week we piled into the car and went down to my office to meet everyone.  Aubrey did great, and we are looking forward to going again later this summer.  This week was VBS, my 6 week appointment and the Junior Achievement Bowl a Thon kickoff.  I helped Thommy prepare a wonderful spaghetti dinner, and it was great to get into the kitchen again.  Baby girl was supervising and she spent most of the day sleeping.  The 6 week appointment went great and I was cleared for exercise, so I guess I will be starting my 5k training next week.  Here’s hoping I don’t pass out on my first running attempt in almost a year!
This weekend is Micah and Sheri’s shower and I can’t wait.  The twins will be here before you know it, and it’s so great to have so many blessings in our family this year after losing Papaw last year.  This past weekend was the 1 year anniversary of his passing, and I still miss him, especially now that Aubrey is here and I would love to have been able to share her with him. 
Also this weekend was Father’s Day.  We spent Saturday night with Joe (Big Daddy), and the Sunday with my dad (Papaw) at the lake.  We then came home Sunday night for BBQ chicken ring and a quiet night at home. 
Here are a few pics from Father’s Day and the past week.  I can’t believe how much she’s growing and changing every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment