Here we are just shy of Aubrey’s 3 month birthday, and although I have started hitting the gym again and the training for the 5k is going well, I have yet to get my eating habits in sync. Needless to say, the last 10 pounds aren’t exactly falling off like the first 30 did. My body is getting closer to pre-pregnancy a little more each day, but I really need to kick it into gear to get to where I want to be for a couple reasons. 1) I would like to not have to buy a whole new wardrobe when I go back to work and 2) I want to get back into pre-pregnancy shape before we decide to add to our family again. Stop freaking out people, it won’t be any time soon, but it won’t be too far down the road either, but I will post some more about that later.
I have been thinking about joining Weight Watchers, but I just can’t get motivated at all. You would have thought only being able to fit into 1 pre-preg dress and pair of pants would be motivating, but it just made me want to eat more. I don’t know why. I know Weight Watchers has plans for nursing moms, so that’s not the issue. I guess I’m just not ready to be accountable for my eating habits again. My weight has always been an issue with me, and I really enjoyed not having to worry about it for once in my life over the past year of being pregnant and these past couple post-partum months. Maybe I should bite the bullet over these next couple weeks and just go ahead and sign up, or do as my friend Sarah did and just start making the recipes for dinner. Dinner is usually my most unhealthy meal of the day after all.
Here’s hoping that I finally get my rear in gear over the next couple of weeks and start dropping a couple of these extra pounds.

Jamie, I just have to say that the whole "breastfeeding helps you lose weight" thing is a myth & here's the article: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/16/health/webmd/main643898.shtml
ReplyDeleteEating right is hard when you are nursing because you are SO hungry (or at least, I am). I eat more when I'm nursing than I do when I'm pregnant. I just can't help it! Don't worry, though. You'll eventually get back down to pre-pregnancy weight. The rule I go by is "9 months on, 9 months off". You can't expect to lose it all in 3 months, and the fact that you only have 10 more lbs to get back down to pre-pregnancy means you are doing great!!! :)
I agree with Mandy. Although it was easy with my first two pregnancies and the weight lost itself, I'm still - get this - 20 lbs over normal weight for me. 20. I have lost 2 since I came home from the hospital. And you know what? I'm not even eating all that much. My doctor told me that in some cases, when a woman nurses, her body hangs on to the excess weight to keep "reserves" so that the baby will always get enough milk. Bah. I'm super impressed with your 5k training and going to the gym - those habits, established now, will be what melts those last 10 lbs before you know it. And honestly, you look fantastic and motherhood gives you a glow that is so striking that 10 extra lbs can't detract from. That being said, though, I know the wardrobe battle is a tough one... Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Mandy- you look great and you shouldn't stress about it. My doctor always stressed the 9 months on, 9 months off guideline too.
ReplyDeleteHere's that cook book that I mentioned. There really hasn't been a recipe that we've tried yet that we didn't like, and it doesn't taste like diet food. I cook almost all of our dinners from this now and it's really helped, even if you don't want to join the actual WW program. If you get it, let me know and I'll send you the list of our top favs :-). Or maybe I'll just do a blog post because I keep telling people about this book, lol.
http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Watchers-New-Complete-Cookbook/dp/047061451X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312975034&sr=8-1
But regardless, you look great, hot momma!!
(oh and btw, even after I had lost all the baby weight, a lot of my clothes still didn't really fit that well. I've still had to go up a shirt size because of my boobs, and I apparently also went up half a shoe size because none of my pumps fit. So you might still get to go shopping for a few things! Just don't go to Phipps because you will spend your whole budget on a sock, lol)