Since I have been on maternity leave, I have had more time to work on some craft projects and to look into and complete projects that I would not normally have been able to do or would have even thought about before. It might be hard to keep up with everything once I head back to work, but I have picked up a couple of skills along the way that I am pretty proud of.
One of the projects has been head bands for my Baby Girl. I learned how to make them from checking out my friend Jessica’s blog. They are so easy to do and they will be a great for Christmas presents and also picture time for Aubrey. Here’s a picture of my first go at elastic head band making and flower clip making:
I also found a cool head band that can be made out of infant girl tights. It’s super easy and I love the look. Here’s my little model working it out.
Last but not least, I have forayed into the making and freezing of baby food. For about $4, I have pureed enough peaches and sweet potatoes tonight to feed baby girl for about a month. It only took about an hour and a half – start to finish! I will also try to get some pears and apples, as well as some peas and green beans done while I can take advantage of getting produce while it’s in season. Since I had no clue how to make anything, I just checked out my fellow mom group member and friend Melissa’s blog. She has some great tutorials!
I have really loved my time off to get my household organized and to have the time to really enjoy getting into the swing of things in being a new mom. I really hope I can continue with these projects when I go back to work. I love being able to make things and to also save money doing it.
I thought I would end this posting with a picture or two from the photo shoot we did for Aubrey’s 3 month milestone. My friend Meghan did a wonderful job! Check out her photography blog. We are so lucky to have her around to help capture these special moments as we watch Aubrey grow up.


Your headbands are so cute! I'm off to check out how to make my own baby food - I didn't even think about making while it was in season! Great idea!
ReplyDelete