Thursday, December 15, 2011

Taggie Blanket Tutorial

I have gotten a crafty bug since I had Aubrey, and one thing that I have tackled is making a tag blanket in order to give Aubrey a way to satisfy her new obsession with tags.  Since I know a lot of other mamas out there with babies around the same age, I thought I would share how I made this fun little toy.  The best part is this little project only cost $5 to make!  I made this blanket for a gift exchange at Aubrey's daycare.



To start, you need thread, pins, two types of fabric (I used just some extra fabric I had around the house and some minky fabric I got at the craft store), and a roll of ribbon.   


Cut the ribbon into 5 inch strips, I made 18 strips for this blanket, but you may need more or less depending on the size of the blanket that you want to make.


After all of your strips are cut, place the "good" sides of the fabric toward each other.  Fold your ribbon strips in half and pin them in between the two pieces of fabric.  Repeat until you pin the desired number of tags.


Once you have you pinning complete, sew the two pieces of fabric together, about 1/2 and inch to an inch from the edges.  Sew three edges completely, and leave a 5 inch space in the middle of the fourth edge.  This way, you can turn the blanket inside out and all of the tags will be sticking out.



To finish out the blanket and close up the hole, sew a seam around the edges of the blanket,  half an inch from the edges.  


Then your blanket will be complete!  I just kind of winged it when creating this, so please add suggestions of ways to make the blanket easier to make.

Happy Sewing!












2 comments:

  1. I was just about to post something asking for help in making one of these! I'm so glad you put this up. Thank you!! Now I know what to do with all that extra ribbon I have!

    ReplyDelete