Thursday, May 16, 2013

Aubs is Two!

I just can’t believe it has been two years since I became a mom.  There has been so much joy and also some tears, but it has all been worth it to see what a beautiful person that Aubrey is becoming, inside and out.  While there are some days where you can definitely tell that we have reached the terrible twos, the majority of the time Aubs is very sweet and loving and very helpful around the house.  She loves books, puzzles, fruit and her little brother.  There has been a language explosion in the past couple of weeks, and we now have sentences and she is able to let us know when she wants something or what she’s doing.  Several times during the day, I am greeted with “Hey! What doin’?”

Playing with Sam at the park

Since Aubrey loves Minnie Mouse, we threw her a Minnie birthday party.  Since family alone constitutes a large party, we stuck with family and a couple of friends with babies.  Although the weather was terrible, we all had a great time.  Joey was awesome enough to grill out in the pouring rain, and the kids played great together.  Aubs got several wonderful gifts and she also got a kitchen from Daddy, Mommy and Nick.  She loves it!



Cakes made by Grandma!



Our attempt at a group photo with 13 kiddos, 9 of them under 2!


There was black frosting everywhere!



Aubrey had her well visit this week and she’s growing like a weed.  She’s 23 lbs (10th% - finally), 34 in tall (67th%) and Head circumference is 49cm(95th%).  She HATED the doctor’s office and I am so glad I decided to bring my grandmother with me to hold Nick.  Hopefully the next appointment will go a lot better.  

Sometimes I wonder what's going on in that noggin...


Bathtime with Bubs

 She was not amused with a screaming Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment