It’s so hard to believe that we are at the 6 month
mark. Nick has changed so much this
month, and his little personality is really starting to come out. He’s just the happiest baby and he always has
a smile for me or anyone else in his path.
He loves giving us all slobber kisses and hugs, and has started to
realize when Mommy has left the room. He
loves playing with Aubrey, and Aubrey is working really hard on sharing. It doesn’t always happen, but I really
haven’t had to get on her too much about it, she continues to be a loving and
helpful big sister.
Nick has started sitting up regularly this month and that’s
usually where he likes to be. He scoots
all over the floor and has no problem nose-diving to get to a toy that he
wants. We don’t want to wish time away,
but it will be nice when he can crawl and get around to what he wants. Aubrey and I are constantly handing him toys
that are just out of his reach. You can
tell he just can’t wait to get going so he can play with Sis and Sam.
It has continued to be a little difficult on the sleep
front, but things seem to be getting a little better, with fingers crossed,
he’s only woken up once for the past couple nights. There is just so much going on with growing
and development at this point in time, and I know sleep is affected by
both. We are starting to get longer
stretches out of him though, which really helps. Nick goes down for naps in his bed now and
goes right to sleep when we lay him down at night (we did have to do a little
CIO, but he responded to it well thank goodness). The
transition to bottle feeding has also gone well. I thought I would have a hard time with it,
but it really has been a smooth transition.
We had a pretty good doc visit this week. Nick is 16 lbs, 6oz (25th%) and
26.5 inches long (40th%), his head circumference is 46 cm (90th%). He is meeting all of his milestones and doing
just great. I'm so thankful to have such a healthy and happy baby boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment