Today is officially 39 weeks and so far there has been no sign of any changes to come here at the Barbeauld house. We had a really great Holy Week and Easter with family, and I just can't wait to share all of this next year with Aubrey. The only down side was some pretty intense back pain, like "can't move I just wanna lay here and die" back pain. After only getting out of the bed for church and Easter Dinner this weeknd, I limped into the doctor's office this morning for my weekly NST. I talked to the doctor about it, and she determined that the pressure on my body from the little jelly bean in there has caused my sciatica to flare up. Not fun. So now it's looks like I'm laid up for a couple more days with some pain pills and muscle relaxers. I'm going to wait until night time to take anything just to see what happens. Hopefully I can be a little more mobile in the next few days so I can start walking.
Why so much walking? Dr. Walker brought up the "I" word today, and she suggested that walking would maybe move things along a little bit. I'm glad she has brought it up now, just because me and Joey can now really make decisions about what we want in regards to helping Aubrey along. If she keeps up like she is, we will have to make some decisions on May 5th. Other than that, she's still doing great and I'm still feeling pretty decent, with the exception of the back pain, but that is what it is.
Just a shout out for Joey, he has been incredibly amazing this weekend, helping me manage the back pain and taking care of everything around here. Aubrey and I are are so lucky to have him as a daddy and a husband.
Here's the 39 week update:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

eeeeeeeek!!!! You're almost done!!!
ReplyDelete