Sunday, November 18, 2012

An 18 monther and a 2 weeker…

We are a little over 2 weeks into this two under two adventure, and I have to say, it hasn’t been that bad.  I know that there are going to be tough days ahead when Nick is out of the newborn phase, but so far it has been a pretty positive experience.  Aubrey loves her little brother and is such a great helper.  There are times of course when I have to remind her to have gentle hands and to not be all over him, but for the most part, she loves being a big sister. 



We had her 18 month check up this week, and she is 20lbs, 8ozs and 32 inches tall – the 7th and 71st percentiles respectively.  She looked great and didn’t have any signs of the ear infection that she had a couple weeks before.  She’s definitely not a fan of the doctor, but hopefully that will get better as she gets older.  She got a little upset when Nick was being examined, but we put her on the table and let her watch, which calmed her down.  As far as development goes, she’s babbling up a storm and has quite a few more words this month than she did last month.  Those include Nick, cheese, door, doll and ball.  She of course is sticking with “Nooooo” and also says “oh no” which we find to be very cute.

 

Nick was also looking good at his check up, weighing in at 7lbs 9 ozs (1 ounce above birth weight!) and still measuring 21 inches tall.  He has been a great sleeper during the night so far, which is a huge blessing, and he is a pretty mellow kid over all.  He’s taken on well to nursing and is quite the hungry little hippo.  We shall see how he is progressing at his 2 month check in January.

 

I have gotten to get out of the house a couple of times to get some shopping done, and Daddy has been able to give Nick a couple of bottles successfully, which is great news for when I want to get out for a little bit with my fellow moms.  I can’t wait to see how everything goes the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment