Monday, November 5, 2012

In The Meantime...


It’s been pretty crazy the last few months, at the end of July we went to the beach with Joey’s parents and siblings and then Joey ended up living in Philadelphia for over 2 months finishing up a job.  This left me home with a super energetic toddler and a second pregnancy and ended up kicking my butt physically.  Joey came home on the weekends, and during the week I spent a lot of time with family.  I honestly don’t know what I would have done without them. 

Hanging with Daddy at the Pool

Aubrey and Sam at the beach

My last day of work was August 3rd, and very soon after that I picked up a little side job at the Craniofacial Foundation.  It’s just twice a month doing some bookkeeping, but it’s going to be a great way to get out of the house and it will give Aubrey some time with Grandma and cousin Sam, who has of late become her partner in crime. 

As far as Aubrey goes, there isn't a week that goes by that she isn't doing something new or doing something that cracks me up.  As of a doctor appointment earlier this week, she’s about 21 pounds and 32 inches long, so still a tall skinny thing, but she makes up for her smallness with a huge personality.  She’s a total ham, and loves to make people laugh.  She’s also been very helpful around the house – she helps clean up after she eats and sometimes even helps with picking up her toys.  Her vocabulary has exploded lately as well.  While a lot of 2 syllable words don’t get pronounced all the way, she has found a way to communicate and get what she wants most of the time.  Daddy and Nana are used often, and Daddy has been the center of her universe since he’s gotten back home.  Sometimes it makes me sad that she’s not as attached to me, but I think it might come in handy over the next couple of months while we are adjusting to Nick being home.




Overall, Aubrey is developing into a sweet, funny, precious kid and I’m so glad that she’s in our family.  She really can brighten up the toughest of days, and although there are some days where everyone’s patience is tried, there are so many more days that feel like an awesome blessing.  I’ll finish up this post with a few pictures from the past couple of months.








No comments:

Post a Comment